Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme
CLL are delighted to announce that our depots at Wandsworth, Kendal, Lincoln, Richmond and Bracknell are now all accredited to the gold standard of the FORS scheme. Billy Vance, Training and Safety Co-ordinator, explains how we have achieved huge reductions in incident numbers, and subsequent insurance claims, through FORS.
"FORS complemented our existing systems, and helped us build on them. We knew that we were already making sound decisions with the way we manage our fleet, and FORS confirmed that we were doing the right things, but allowed us to build on those successes. We became more conscious of routing journeys and the efficiencies we could achieve, which is crucial for the success of the operation, and also provided us with tools to ensure that we are providing the greenest and safest service we can.
As a fleet operator whose vehicles are at work across the UK, and with in excess of 800 employees, we take our vehicle management seriously, and constantly strive to develop new and innovative ways of improving management of its assets. FORS gives access to shared knowledge between fleet operators, advice on key transport topics, training resources, and provides a performance benchmark that clients, other operators and the public can readily understand."
We operate multiple high-profile contracts in the London area. In Wandsworth, a thriving London Borough with a population of over 300,000, providing an efficient and proactive service is the key to supplying Wandsworth with the best operational performance possible. There are a combination of local and national initiatives which have allowed us to progress through the FORS scheme to become Gold members, all of which have a direct benefit to the community, including:
- Greater fuel savings through more efficient route planning, reducing emissions;
- Procurement partnership agreements with innovative suppliers, ensuring that the latest engine technology is utilised, reducing emissions;
- In-house training of drivers through targeted courses on driving in London;
- Reduced accident statistics;
- Targeted initiatives on cyclist and motorbike awareness;
- Overall reduction in vehicles required through advanced fleet management techniques; and
- Installation of the latest telematics systems to monitor vehicle and driver performance in real time.
FORS is a key consideration within our business, not just for the direct benefits we can achieve as a business, but as an indicator of the standards we work towards.