Continental Landscapes are proud to be supporting Waverley Borough Council with No Mow May.
In the Waverley Borough Council area there will be the following changes to our normal works for May:
- All urban verge cutting has stopped.
- Highways cutting will be reduced to only the areas requiring H&S works, road junction sightlines and vision splays.
- Most housing sites will also be left to grow.
- Sports fields will continue to be cut along with the surrounding areas.
- All other parks and open spaces will be left to grow.
Normal works will resume in June, there will be some impact to schedules as cutting will take longer.
Plantlife is a British conservation charity working to save threatened wild flowers, plants and fungi, Plantlife’s No Mow May campaign is working to encourage councils and other landowners to stop cutting grass to encourage wild growth providing a feast of nectar for our hungry pollinators. More details can be found at https://www.plantlife.org.uk/uk/discover-wild-plants-nature/no-mow-may